Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Review: Veil: A Hush Novel

Veil: A Hush Novel Veil: A Hush Novel by Dylan Farrow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided a print and audio arc of this book via netgalley, all opinions are my own.

This picks up right were Hush, leaves off so I don't recommend reading this as a standalone.

Much like with the first book I felt that this had a really interesting concept with the magic system and the world, but I did feel that certain things were underdeveloped. I wanted more details and more development of certain aspects, but part of that is my own personal preference when it comes to SFF and books in general. I would have liked a better explanation of the magic system, the tellings were a really interesting concept as was "the book", but I'm still not sure how it all works. I also wanted more in the character development department. There were some inconsistencies with the relationships between characters and within the characters themselves.

I do think YA readers are very much going to enjoy this series. Overall this book has a decent plot, the magic was interesting as was the world. I did enjoy it overall but I felt like something was missing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment