Thursday, April 21, 2022

Review: The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

The Golden Couple The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via netgalley, however I did end up listening to the final published version of the audiobook. As always, all opinions are my own.

I really enjoyed this domestic thriller. It has some nice twists and turns to keep you guessing, and it doesn't have any graphic sex or violence. This alternates between the perspectives of Avery, the therapist with some unorthodox practices, and Marissa the wealthy socialite who wants to save her marriage. Avery has a 10 step therapy program, where each session has a specific goal. In order to achieve that goal for her clients, Avery becomes almost a Personal Investigator to learn as much as she can about her clients. In this case the Bishops, Marissa and Matthew, have alot of untold secrets between them and Avery inserts herself right in the middle of it all. As Avery works with the Bishops on their marital woes, she is dealing with an issue of her own. As the story unfolds we come to find that her clients and her personal issues may be connected, but Avery can't quite figure out how. I thought that all of the suspense and thriller elements were nicely woven together to make a cohesive story. There were plenty of red herrings to keep you on your toes wondering if that detail or character was something to remember for later.

I appreciated that there was a narrator for each of the POVs so you could tell if you were in Avery's perspective or Marissa's perspective. Both narrators did a good job distinguishing character voices in their chapters.

This is my second book by this author pair, and while I didn't love the other book this one has me wanting to pick up more by the duo. I found this audiobook hard to put down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment