Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Review: Always You by Samantha Young

Always You Always You by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an arc via the author, all opinions are my own.

This is the much awaited story of Mac and Arro, but if you haven't read the previous books in the series this can be read as a standalone. The author does a great job filling you in on enough of the backstory of the other characters and details that you can start with this book if you want and go back and read the previous books if you choose. I do highly recommend reading them in order to get the fully backstory on who everyone else is and their stories.

Despite the 13 year age difference, Arro has been in love with Mac since she was a teenager. It started out as an innocent crush on her eldest brother's friend, then as she got older it turned into something more. Mac has always kept his distance out of respect for Lachlan, his best friend and Arro's brother, despite the fact that he feels the same about her. Mac also has some deep insecurities that are uncovered in the book that cause him to push her away. I won't spoil any of that here. I did really enjoy his character development throughout the book.

As with the other books in the series, this book has an element of suspense to it. After a devastating rejection, Mac and Arro' relationship is in a state of disrepair. When Arro begins to receive threatening notes at home and work, Mac has to step in to protect her at any cost. Arro doesn't want him anywhere near her. He is willing to work to regain her trust as he ensures her safety. Around the same time, Mac also receives word that events from his past may be resurfacing and he may be a target.

While I enjoyed the suspense aspect, I would have preferred that there were only one suspense plotline instead of two. They were both well written, but because they weren't related, I would have only preferred one over the other. They both served their purpose in the character development department. I really appreciated the dialogue in the book with regards to their relationship and trust between the two of them. There was alot of emotion in this book for sure.

I suspect the remaining two Adair brothers will get books to finish out the series, and I hope that Eredine gets her own story if she isn't paired with Arran or Brodan. There are hints are a budding relationship with Arran, but who knows what Samantha has in store for our reclusive, mysterious yoga instructor. I'm looking forward to whatever comes next in this series. I love this series and can't wait for more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment