Saturday, April 9, 2022

Review: Flirt by Adriana Locke

Flirt Flirt by Adriana Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via the author, all opinions are my own.

This might be my new favorite book from Adriana! If you loved the Masons you are going to absolutely love the Carmichaels. If you don't know who I'm talking about, don't worry you don't need to know who the Mason Family is, but I highly recommend reading their books! This first book in the series centers on Moss and Brooke.

Moss and Brooke have been working together as a team for the last 2 years. He does the demo and construction and she does the interior architecture for his family's company. Their professional work has won awards, and they are friends. They have great banter and like to joke around with each other. Neither wants a romantic relationship because they have both been hurt in the past and don't want to be hurt again. Unfortunately, Brooke needs a "boyfriend" to accompany her to her grandmother's 85th birthday party so she can live up to her mother's unattainable standards. Moss ends up agreeing to be Brooke's fake boyfriend after his family decides to meddle in his personal life and to help out Brooke with her unreasonable mom. They come to a fake dating agreement, but their feelings quickly take a turn into not so fake.

I adored Moss and Brooke together. They were so oblivious to their feelings for one another at the start of their "situation-ship". I loved their banter and the antics of the Carmichael brothers. I also really loved Brooke's best friend Jovie. I hope Jovie gets a book! Brooke has not had alot of unconditional love in her life, but Jovie is a breath of fresh air and is always on team Brooke no matter what. Moss has had an unfortunate experience in the relationship department that has left him scarred for life when it comes to love. He does however accept Brooke as she is with no conditions, and seamlessly fits her into his life. This has everything I look for in a romance, great characters, good banter, laugh out loud moments, and it will make you feel all of the emotions. Once you pick this up you won't want to put it down. There is also a good level of spice.

I can't wait to read Maddox's book Fling next! The Carmichaels are going to be ridiculously entertaining and I cannot wait to read each of their stories!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment