Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Review: Grace and Glory by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Grace and Glory Grace and Glory by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC via Edelweiss+, all opinions expressed are my own.

It is always bittersweet coming to the end of a beloved series. I honestly had no idea how this was going to play out. When Rage and Ruin ended I had no idea how Jen was going to get us back on track after that cliffhanger. I honestly loved this series. The Dark Elements is still my favorites series of Jen's and this was an amazing way to expand that world and give some of my favorite characters more page time. I'm so glad that she decided to expand the series and give Zayne the story he deserved!

This particular book, walks the line of new adult and young adult when it comes to the intimate scenes between Trinity and Zayne. It isn't overly graphic, but there are quite a few bedrooms scenes and they are fairly steamy even for YA. I think this would be OK for mature YA readers, but it is something to be aware of. If you are looking for something a little more steamy the romance department, I think you will find this one a bit lacking. This does however deliver in the humor and banter department, which is one of my favorite things about Jen's books.

This book was the conclusion the series needed and deserved. I loved Zayne in The Dark Elements, but I didn't love him with Layla. I am 100% Team Roth there! I loved Zayne in The Harbinger series as he got to be the hero and I loved him with Trinity. I really love them together and their development together. I really felt that the storyline wrapped up nicely, with the ability for Jen to revisit other character arcs if she ever wanted to, but if she doesn't that is OK. This was full of action and despite this book pushing just over 500 pages you will not want to put it down. It is hard to review the plot without spoiling anything, but know that everything will be OK, just keep reading. Jen never let's us down in the end, she just likes to leave us with nasty cliffhangers in the middle, but she always comes through with a good ending. She even throws in some surprises that you didn't see coming. I very much enjoyed this last installment and the series. If you are a fan of Jen's YA works I highly recommend this one!
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment