Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May TBR


I had a great reading month in April, May is shaping up to be a busy month with outdoor sports.  That means it is the perfect time to read my physical books since my kindle is not ideal for reading in sunny weather.  One of my goals was to read more of the books on my shelves and spring/summer is the perfect time to do that.  I'm excited to get to some of the books I picked up at my local library sale.  I also picked up some great kindle books on World Book Day and through the many daily deal emails I get for kindle books.  I'm really looking forward to reading those as well. 

Books/Ebooks/ARCs

  • The Librarian: A Pirates Revenge (The Librarian #3) by Eric Hobbs
    • I read book 2 in April and I'm anxious to finish out the trilogy.  This is a fun middle grade/YA retelling based in classic fairy tales.  The first two books had solid foundations in Peter Pan and Oz.  I'm looking forward to getting to seeing where this one takes us.
  • Storm and Fury by Jennifer Armentrout
    • I was hoping to get to this in April but I ran out of time.  This comes out in June and is one of my most anticipated reads of 2019.  
  • The Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills
    • This is a standalone hockey romance due out May 5th.  It sounded good, so jumped on the chance to read and review it.  Madden-Mills is a new author to me, but I don't think I'll be disappointed.
  • Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan
    • This a relatively new release, but it has gotten a ton of hype.  It is a YA Fantasy, with some mythology/religion elements from what I can tell, political intrigue, and supposed to have an awesome female warrior lead.  I've only read the first chapter so far, and it is interesting.  I may listen to the audio of this instead as some reviews have said the pacing is slow.
  • The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland
    • This is my 11 year old son's favorite series.  I promised him I'd the first book if he'd give Percy Jackson a try.   I knew he would fall in love with Percy and the gang if he would just give the books a chance.  He wouldn't read them for some reason, probably because I told him they were good and he'd like them, same thing with Harry Potter (though he has read the first 3 of those).  He started Percy last weekend and has devoured them. He is almost done with the first series, lucky for him I have all 10 books and The Kane Chronicles.  I have to keep my promise, so I'm going to read this in May.
  • Courting Darkness by Robin LeFevers
    • I'm so excited there are more books in this series.  I really loved the original trilogy, and this follows Sybella, one of the assassins trained at the convent of the daughters of death.  It was a really interesting concept and I'm looking forward to meeting the new characters as well as revising old friends.

Audiobooks

As usual I've got a bunch of books on hold at the library.  I've been requesting new and popular books, so things have been coming in slowly.  Hoopla and the available now option have been great in the interim.  Libro.fm also had a bunch of free books on Independent Bookstore Day so I've got several new books I can listen to whenever I want now.  Audiofile's Summer Reading AudioSYNC Program kicked off last week and I picked up their 2 books for week 1, the are doing 2 books a week from April 27th through August 1st.  They always have amazing titles and narrators.  My son and I are looking forward to listening to the titles on our long drives to and from basketball practice.  
  • Welcome to Lagos by Chibundu Onuzo
    • I still haven't gotten to this one.  It is high on my priority list for May.  
  • Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
    • This has gotten so many good reviews, and it is narrated by Cassandra Campbell who is one of my favorite narrators.  This is listed as a coming of age, historical fiction, and mystery on Goodreads so we'll see how I like it.  It sounds interesting, and I think I can use it for a reading challenge prompt.
  • Nyxia Uprising by Scott Reintgen
    • This is the final installment of the Nyxia Triad.  The Genesis crew is still trying to win the prize and escape with their lives from the planet they've flown so far in space to get to.  I'm anxious to get to this one as I've really enjoyed the series so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment