Monday, April 1, 2019

April TBR


It is rare that I'm actually all caught up on everything I need to read.  I have some ARCs that are due out in May and some others that I've had waiting to be reviewed so hopefully I can get to those.  I've got a bunch of stuff on hold at the library as usual, and I'm slowly making progress on my reading challenges.

Books/Ebooks/ARCs

  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian #2) by Eric Hobbs
    • I'm currently reading this now.  I've had a copy of this to review for quite a while, and I'm just getting around to it.  I have the 3rd one as well, and hopefully I'll get to that as well.  It is a little bit of a retelling and a little bit of a mashup of favorite fairy tales and classics.  The two main characters altered reality when they changed the classic Wizard of Oz tale.  They find that the people they know and even their own personalities have changed.  So far it is good, I need a good adventure story.
  • The Guest Book by Sarah Blake
    • The is due out on May 7th.  This is a historical fiction book set in the 1930's.  It sounded really interesting to me and appears to tackle a lot of tough issues that have plagued the US for a very long time.  
  • Storm and Fury by Jennifer Armentrout
    • This is the first book in a new YA Fantasy/Paranormal series.  If you have read The Dark Elements you will be familiar with some of the characters, as this is Zayne's story post Layla.  The Dark Elements is one of my favorite series, and I'm looking forward to seeing some old favorite characters and Zayne getting his own story.  If this is anything like the original you will have whitty banter, romance, gargoyles, demons, and who know what other manner of creature to take us on a crazy adventure.  This is set to release June 11, 2019.
  • Things We Never Said by Samantha Young
    • This is the third book in Sam's On Hart's Boardwalk Series.  Fans of the series have been patiently awaiting Dahlia's story for quite some time now.  We don't have to wait much longer as this is due out on May 7, 2019.  Dahlia is a local artist and she owns a local gift shop on the boardwalk.  We don't know much about her yet, but at the end of the last book Michael waltzed in and upended Dahlia's quiet demeanor.  I'm so excited to get to know them.

Audiobooks

I'm hoping to get Bloodwitch on audio (or in print) so I can finish it, but I've got a ton of other things on hold as usual.  The two I've got checked out currently are both to fulfil challenge prompts.
  • City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
    • I really love Victoria Schwab/V.E. Schwab's writing.  I've been looking forward to this book for a while.  I started this yesterday and so far so good.  It is a middle grade/YA paranormal story about a girl who can see ghosts.  I love a good paranormal fantasy.
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    • I don't even know what this is about except it has won lots of awards, everyone speaks highly of this book, and it won the Great American Read vote.  It also has over 3 million ratings on Goodreads which is why I'm reading it.  I'm using it for my reading challenge prompt for a book with over 1 million ratings.
  • Welcome to Lagos by Chibundu Onuzo
    • I won a copy of this in a giveaway that Highbridge Audio was having.  It is narrated by Robin Miles, who is a fantastic narrator, and is about and African soldier who deserts his post, political scandal, and many other things.  This fits a couple of the challenge prompts, and from the few chapters I've listened to its interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment