Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May TBR


I have a couple of things I want to get to in May.  I'd like to get caught up on all of the things I didn't read last month, and maybe knock out some of the ARCs I have for June and July to review.

  • Furyborn by Claire Legrand
    • I started this but I haven't finished it.  It is much longer than I anticipated.  It is really good.  There are angels, elemental powers, spies, assassins, prophecies, so there's alot going on.  This comes out on May 22nd.
  • Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson
    • I'm still working through this.  I'm learning alot and hoping to figure out my exective skill strengths and weaknesses as well as those of my 2 boys so we can figure out how to work together instead of against each other.
  • Lucky Charm and Charmed by J.A. Armitage
    • I need to to get to both of these in May.  I enjoyed the first one and I'd really like to see how the story ends up.  It is an interested reverse fairy tale about Cinderella.
  • Beard in Mind and Beard Science by Penny Reid
    • These are rolling over from last month.  I've been wanting to get caught up on this series for a while now.  I finished the Knitting in the City series a few weeks ago, and I need to get back to the Winston's.  The next one in the series is coming out in July and I want to be caught up by then.
  • Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
    • I keep extending my hold on this.  I really want to get to it.
  • The Fragile Ordinary by Samantha Young
    • I received an ARC of this via Edelweiss+.  Sam is one of my favorite authors, and while contemporary isn't my favorite genre, I'll read it if she wrote it.  I just love the way she writes and develops her characters.  This will be out in June, but I'm anxious to get to it.
  • Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • I received an ARC of this and I'm anxious to continue the series.  I really enjoyed Moonlight Sins, it was a romance, a thriller, a mystery, and had a little bit of paranormal mixed in.  I expect the same from this installment which follows Gabriel another of the de Vincent brothers.  This comes out in June so I'm hoping to get it read and reviewed well ahead of it's release.
  • Bad Boy Brody by Tijan
    • I just received an ARC of this, it comes out May 7th, so I'm going to read and review that first then back to the regularly scheduled reading program.  I've only recently discovered Tijan, but I really like her writing style.  This one is about a grieving Hollywood starlet turned bad boy.  

Audiobooks

I have a couple of things on hold at the library, the only two I really want to get to is A Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss and Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare.  Lady Midnight is for my reading challenge prompt for a book with a time of day in it plus I've been meaning to get to this book for a while now.  Everything else would just be a bonus.  I'm hoping my library or hoopla gets the last book in the Titan Series by Jennifer Armentrout on audio, it supposed to be out in May I think.

I'm always looking for audio recommendations.  Who are your favorite narrators?  What are your favorite audio books?


No comments:

Post a Comment