Wednesday, May 30, 2018

June TBR


I have a couple of ARCs I want to get to in June, and a couple of Popsugar Challenge Prompts I want to get to.  I'm not going to put too many things on my TBR this month because I just don't know what I want to read.  I need to get my ARCs read and reviewed, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself and find myself in a reading slump.

Books/Ebooks/ARCs

  • The Fragile Ordinary by Samantha Young
    • I received an ARC of this via Edelweiss+.  Sam is one of my favorite authors, and while contemporary isn't my favorite genre, I'll read it if she wrote it.  I just love the way she writes and develops her characters.  This will be out on June 26th.
  • Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
    • I have a physical ARC of this.  Its a perfect family thriller.  It sounds awesome and creepy.  This comes out July 17th.
  • Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
    • This comes out in July as well, but I've had the ARC for a while and I want to get to it.  It is a Little Mermaid retelling and it looks amazing.  
  • Attitude by Jay Wright
    • We are hugh NCAA basketball fans in my house.  We've been to the tournament several times, and there is a game on atleast one TV once the season starts each fall.  I admire Jay Wright, I watched a documentary about how he develops his players on and off the court at Villanova.  He said he's developing young men not just basketball players, and I really respect that mentality.  His book was recommended to my son.  The reading challenge this year has a prompt for a book involving sports, and I can't think of a better book to fill it with.  

Audiobooks

I'm taking the same approach I did last month, I'm going to see what is available and what I'm in the mood for.  I have a ton of  challenge books I want to get to, and audio seems to be the best way to get to my challenge books and the other stuff I want to read.  If only there were more time in the day to read.
  • The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
    • I've heard great things about this series, and I just got the book in from the library, so we'll see how it goes.  It is narrated by one of my favorite narrators so I'm sure it will be great.
  • Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    • This is another book I have a copy of but haven't gotten to yet.  Hoopla has it so I'm hoping to get to it in June.  I'm a fan of Armentrout's thrillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment