Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: Every Little Thing by Samantha Young

Every Little Thing Every Little Thing by Samantha Young
Narrated by:  and  
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the second installment of the Hart's Boardwalk series and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't as explosive as I expected. I think part of that was because I listened to it on audio, while the narration was fine, I think some of the tension and heat between Bailey and Vaughn just didn't come through in the audio. I expected more passion and heat from them, and it just didn't live up to my expectations. I still love Samatha's books and I'm going to give this one another chance in print because I've not had good luck with reading her books on audio, I prefer them in print.

This follows Bailey Harwell, owner of the local Hardwell Inn. She is the local sweetheart, beloved by all and very active in the community and very protective of her town and its boardwalk. Vaughn Tremaine is a successful hotel chain owner from teh big city, he owns a big fancy hotel on the boardwalk and he is Bailey's arch enemy. Secretly they are both attracted to one another, but Bailey is in a long term relationship with Tom and Vaughn is a bachelor and playboy. Vaughn while not very active in the community doesn't want to see anything change in teh quaint town of Hartwell and has done what he can to protect the boardwalk with his capital to back him. He and Bailey can't be in the same vicinity without throwning insults at each other, until Bailey's long time boyfriend cheats on her and Vaughn begins to change his tune. Vaughn sort of becomes her knight in shining armor, when one of the Devlin's tries to break into Bailey's office at the Inn and attacks her. The Devlin family has been trying to take over the Boardwalk for years but they have been unsuccessful, but they will do anything to purchase property and change the tourist location to their liking. Vaughn and Bailey's frigid relationship finally begins to melt, but it isn't without alot of banter and trust issues that they finally learn to love each other and get over the baggage that they each have in their past.

Both Bailey and Vaughn each have some deep seated relationship issues. Neither one of them really wants to work through those issues in the beginning, but over time we see each of them grown and learn to trust the other with their secrets and heartache. We see Bailey let down her guard and let her friends in, and we see Vaughn become a member of the community and get to know the people of Hartwell.

This is a good hate to love romance. The characters were frustrating at times, as were some of the situations that they were put in, but it all worked out in the end. I hope we get more from this series as there are some side characters that I'd like to know more about.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment