Sunday, April 29, 2018

Review: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

Dorothy Must Die Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is another post I had drafted shortly after I finished the audiobook, but I never posted.  It has been sitting in my drafts folder for quite some time now, so I figured I'd dust it off and post it.  I did finish the entire series and I enjoyed it.

This is a really interesting story. It took me a while to adjust to an Oz where Dorothy is the bad guy. None the less I enjoyed this story. It follows Amy Gumm, a poor girl from Kansas, who's had a not so great life. On a particularly crappy day, Amy is swept away in a magic tornado, much the same way Dorothy was, and finds herself in Oz. Amy sets out down the yellow brick road toward the Emerald City, where she sees some strange things along her journey. When she finally gets to the palace and meets the famous Dorothy, she's surprised to see that Dorothy is not at all like the girl from the movie and the storybook. Upon hearing how Amy arrived to Oz, Dorothy throw's Amy in the dungeon to rot. Amy is rescued by Mambi, a wicked witch, sometime later and joins the Order of the Wicked in exchange for her freedom, but lines between Good and Wicked aren't exactly clear in Oz. Amy begins training to fight and learns magic from the resident Wicked Witches. Eventually Amy infiltrates the palace in an undercover mission to kill Dorothy, but things go wrong, covers are blown, and Amy questions her role in the Order of the Wicked. All she knows is Dorothy and her entourage has got to go, but she missed her chance to end things once and for all, but the fight isn't over and Amy is willing to do what needs to be done, but at what cost?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment