Monday, April 2, 2018

My April TBR


So spring is finally here, however there is snow in my front yard.  Mother Nature apparently didn't get the memo that it is supposed to be warm, though the sun is out and it appears to be a beautiful day even if it is cold.  As all of us book lovers know, chilly days are just a good excuse to curl up in our favorite comfy place with a good book and a warm beverage, am I right?

My TBR is growing rapidly because let's face it there are so many great books out there.  I've mainly been focused on reading books for the Popsugar Reading Challenge and the ARCs I have for March.  I honestly don't think I'll get to all of these in April, but I'm sure going to try.  Some of these are ARCs that were generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley or Edelweiss+, many of them I have on hold at the library


In April I plan to read the following, and what I don't finish will get moved to May:
  • Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
    • I've already started this and its wonderful.  I was hoping to get this on audio because I think he's funny and I can only imagine that his delivery is spectacular.  His comedy is very apparent in the book as he relates his childhood in South Africa much the same way he does when he reads the "news".  It is a very educational book on apartheid from someone who lived it, and it is fascinating. 
  • Furyborn by Claire Legrand
    • This releases May 22nd.
    • I've heard nothing but great things about this and I'm very grateful to have received an ARC of this to review.
  • Unbreakable by Sara Ella
    • This releases May 1st.
    • This is the conclusion to the Unblemished Trilogy.  I've already started this and since its been a while since I read books 1 and 2, I'm having a hard time remembering where the series left off.  I'm going to have to skim read them or atleast go back to my reviews to get a feel for the series before continuing.  I do remember enjoying the first 2 books its just been too long.
  • Lucky Charm and Charmed by J.A. Armitage
    • These are both out already and are the conclusion to Charm, a Cinderella reverse fairy tale.  I really liked Charm and I'm anxious to see how the story wraps up.  
  • To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
    • I've heard great things about this, and it sounds fantastic.  I've been reading quite a few retellings and this is yet another one but this time in the vein of The Little Mermaid.
  • Beard in Mind and Beard Science by Penny Reid
    • I love this series.  Penny is one of my favorites, her characters are hilarious and lovable.  These are usually really quick reads for me because I can't put them down.
  • Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi
    • I really loved the original Shatter Me series and I'm excited to see where this continuation picks up.
  • Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson
    • I don't plan to finish this in April but I do plan to start reading a few pages of this every day or atleast every week.  A mom I know recommended it and I've only gotten as far as the prologue.  I'm hoping that it helps me with my beautiful, brilliant, but scatterbrained child.  
I have a bunch of audiobooks on hold at the library, and there's no telling which one will come in when so I'll just list out what I've got on hold at the moment and we'll see what I get to.  I've also recently discovered Hoopla and that my library participates, so far the selection is decent and there is some stuff there that my library's overdrive catalog doesn't have, plus there's no waitlist.  I have a pretty decent commute to and from work, plus I listen to audiobooks at work when I can, while I'm working out, and while I'm doing chores.  Most of my completed books this year are on audio so this is a great way for me to knock off books I want to read while I'm doing something else.
  • The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
    • I enjoyed The Name of the Wind and I'm really exited to learn more about Auri.  She was such an interesting character, but we didn't get to know much about her in the book.  I'm glad she gets her own.
  • Timekeeper by Tara Sim
    • This is for a reading challenge prompt dealing with time travel.  I'm about 30% in and really enjoying it.  So far no time travel though.  The way time works in this series anything is possible.  It follows a boy who is a clock mechanic, but he can also sense the threads of time.  All is not well with time, and the people don't exactly love the clock mechanics.  Its an interesting story.
  • One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
    • I really enjoyed the first book and I'm axious to see what happens with the sisters in the next installment.
  • Every Little Thing by Samantha Young
    • Sam is another favorite author.  This is a contemporary series set in a quaint town and centers around an inn in the town and the people who live there.
  • Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
    • Another reading challenge book that has had nothing but praise.  I just downloaded it today and it is next up.

No comments:

Post a Comment