Saturday, May 21, 2022

Review: Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror

Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror Dark Stars: New Tales of Darkest Horror by John F.D. Taff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley.  As always all opinions are my own.  Thank you to Tor Nightfire for reaching out to me and providing me with an ARC of this book.  I loved it!

This is a compilation of a dozen horror stories from some of the great horror writers of today.  If you are like me and have not read all of the authors this is a great way to experience them all!   Each of the stories took me 30 minutes to an hour to read, and while I didn't find any one of them particularly terrifying, they all had some sort of creep factor of gave me that what did I just read sense of unease that I want from a horror story.  I thought all of them were well written and well developed despite them all being short stories.  I feel like there is a story for everyone despite the type of horror you gravitate towards.  There are varied levels of violence and gore in each story, with some being more psychological and some are mores straight forward.

I don't think I disliked a story in the collection.  I really enjoyed the variety of the collection and getting to experience all of the various writers.   If nothing else this has inspired me to check out each of the authors and see what horror offerings I've been missing.  If you are a horror fan I highly recommend this!  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment