Saturday, March 5, 2022

Review: The Accidental Countess by Emma Hart

The Accidental Countess The Accidental Countess by Emma Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via the author, all opinions are my own.

This is the 3rd book in this series. I do feel you can read each of them as standalones. The other 2 books in the series are just as good and you'll get to know Gabi and Addy better. You will also get additional insight into the British aristocratic society. I've really enjoyed getting to learn about the aristocracy and how all of that functions through this series.

Eva is an aspiring artist and Matthew is an Earl. Neither one of them is interested in marriage or having a family, but if Matthew wants to keep the earldom he has to get married and attempt to have a male heir. While not fond of the archaic way things work, it is how his title works and he would like to keep his estate in his immediate family. He and Eva have been seeing each other casually for some time and he proposes a marriage of convenience. Eva is well versed in the aristocratic circles as her uncle is a Duke and her mother also has a title. While Eva isn't immediately thrilled by the idea of getting married and having kids, she likes Matthew and he offers to invest in her parents slowly failing hotel.

I really enjoyed this. It is a really sweet slow burn romance. Matthew and Eva have great banter throughout, and while their marriage of convenience starts out as a sort of friends with benefits relationship you always knew it was going to develop into something more. I really enjoyed watching them fall for each other. It was kind of refreshing that there wasn't some big angsty moment in this. I thought the author did a great job taking is on a tour of the island and the places local to Matthew's estate. I haven't done my research yet, but I hope these are real places you can visit. They sound wonderful and I'd love to go there someday. It is no wonder Eva always wanted to paint and sketch. I'd love one of her postcards, I'd totally order a set. I really enjoyed how kind and patient Matthew and Eva was with Eva as she settled in to her new home and new situation. I also loved his mother and grandmother. One of the things I always look forward to in Hart's books is a hilarious grandparent character, and Matthew's grandmother brought some comic relief to this book. I loved her!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment