Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Review: Sweet by Adriana Locke

Sweet Sweet by Adriana Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the 6th book in the Landry Family Series, but you can read it as a standalone. I started reading Adriana's books with The Relationship Pact, which I do recommend reading if you want to get to know Paige's older brother Hollis, but it isn't necessary to read this book. It will help to put some of their discussions into perspective. I was hooked on her books after reading that and I am slowly making my way through her backlist. Many of us have been waiting for this book for quite some time as the author has taunted us with Paige's whereabouts for quite some time. It was well worth the wait.

Nate owns the bar Paige works at, so despite the fact that the flirt nonstop and they are insanely attracted to one another, he has decided she is off limits. Nate is a single dad, and has decided that he needs to keep his heart and the heart of his son Ryder protected. Paige didn't have a great start in life, and while it all worked out for her in the end, she is still haunted by her trauma. She is a great person but she's still figuring out her life and what she wants. On paper she is everything Nate doesn't want in a relationship, yet they are drawn to each other. When Paige finds herself in need of a place to stay when she gets suddenly evicted from her apartment, she asks if she can stay with Nate until she finds a new place. He reluctantly accepts, and Paige easily slides into his and Ryder's daily routine.

Can I say how much I loved Hollis and Ryder in this! There is a scene, I won't spoil it, where Ryder puts his dad in his place toward the end of the book that brought me to tears. Hollis, ever the protector, will do anything for his sister and loves her fiercely. They were excellent side characters! As for our main characters, they fit so well together! Nate is so patient with Paige, and doesn't pressure her into anything she doesn't want, but when she asks for something he gives it to her. Pun intended. There are some excellent steamy scenes in this book. Paige is such a dynamic character, she is full of sass but she is also terrified of being being happy. The banter between Nate and Paige was excellent, and they had great chemistry. This was well worth the wait!

I am very much looking forward to getting to know Paige's family in the upcoming Carmichael Series. I was sad to see the Mason series come to an end, but I'm really excited that there is a new family for us to read about. They sound equally entertaining from the brief introduction we've gotten!

I was provided an ARC of this book via the author, all opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment