Sunday, November 28, 2021

Review: Rebel Without A Claus by Emma Hart

Rebel Without A Claus Rebel Without A Claus by Emma Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via the author, all opinions are my own.

This was hilarious and the perfect read to get you ready for the holidays.  If you are a fan of romcoms and need a little Christmas spirit to brighten your mood, this is a great book to do just that.  I know I've been really stressed out over the last few weeks for several reasons, and this was the perfect read to relax with.  There was great banter between the characters, and some really funny moments.  I really loved the concept of the family that runs the single most Christmassy booth in the Holiday Village in their winter wonderland destination town is a total Grinch!

Quinn hates Christmas, but her family runs the Christmas Grotto in town every year where her dad plays the part of Santa.  This year he's got the flu, and Quinn is left to run things by herself while the rest of her family is busy with other parts of the family business or taking care of other family members.  Left to find a fill in Santa at the last minute, Quinn is faced with the last person she ever expected to see again, Nicholas White.  Nicholas offers to fill in as Santa while he's in town for the holidays visiting family, but Quinn isn't so sure it's a good idea.  They have some unfinished business from the past that she isn't quite over.  Left with no other choice and no other options, they agree to work together and clear the air.  Nicholas is determined to get back in Quinn's good graces and figure out if there is anything she actually does like about the Christmas season.

The characters in this were really great.  As always there is a hilarious grandparent character that Emma Hart does so well!  I loved the grandpa, his antics added comic relief throughout the book.  Quinn's family was a riot, I'm glad she finally told her sister she was being completely ridiculous.  I really enjoyed Nick and Quinn together as well.  It was kind of an enemies to lovers romance, but they weren't really enemies, Quinn was being cautious and it played along nicely with her Scrooge attitude toward the holiday season.  It was fun to watch her grouchy persona melt as Christmas grew closer and she became more festive each day.  I'm kind of with her when it comes to Christmas, I hate crowds and all of the consumerism that surrounds the holiday.  I love the lights and the family time and the holiday traditions we have.  

If you are in need of a fun read to get your holiday spirit going, give this a read.  It is funny, has great banter, moderate spice, and a good story.  It was exactly what I needed after a couple of weeks of craziness and I'm feeling a bit more ready to embrace the holidays.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment