Friday, November 19, 2021

Review: Kiss To Remember by Anna B. Doe

Kiss To Remember Kiss To Remember by Anna B. Doe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided and ARC via the author, all opinions are my own.

I highly recommend you read Kiss Before Midnight, the prequel novella before you read this. While not required it certainly sets up the events of this book and explains where we meet Grace at the beginning of this book. Grace Shelton has started her freshman year at Blairwood, she is hoping that this is the fresh start she needs after having her heartbroken at 16. Her first love went missing and she's never really recovered from it, she is determined to put Mason and her feelings behind her and start fresh now that she is in college. She is all set to move forward when she literally runs into Mason's doppleganger Trent Remington. Trent looks exactly like Mason, but he doesn't recognize Grace at all. Needless to say, this brings up all of the emotional turmoil Grace wanted to put behind her. When Trent and his girlfriend seem to pop up everywhere Grace and her friends are, she can't seem to move on and put Mason to rest. The more she gets to know Trent, she sees similarities to Mason but he's not Mason.

Trent has no idea who Grace is, however he is drawn to her despite the fact that he has a girlfriend. There is just something familiar about her, plus they are always running into each other. He enlists Grace to help him pass his French class so he can stay on the basketball team. This of course leads to drama with the girlfriend. It is also unfair to Grace as she sees so much of Mason in him, but he's not the boy she used to know. Their relationship is filled with angst as they try to figure out what they want from each other and who they want to be moving forward. They also have to deal with Trent's constant migraine headaches as he navigates the stress of school, his relationships, and basketball.

I really enjoyed this, and had a hard time putting it down. I was really invested in the story. This has some good twists and turns as well. I do have a few pieces of feedback. I did think that Grace's obsession with Mason was a bit over the top. I did appreciate that she started to stand up for herself at some point, she gets her heart broken a lot in this book. I did feel that the reveal and the ending were a bit rushed. I kind of expected some of the events in the reveal, and I thought the way it was executed was good. The ending wrapped up in about the last 100 pages and given the lead up to the ending I felt it could have had a bit more time to resolve.

I do really enjoy this series and I highly recommend it. All of the books are standalones with interconnected characters. You can read the books in any order, but I do recommend reading any connected prequels associated with the full novel and any bonus epilogues to get the full story.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment