Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Review: Fault Lines by Emily Itami

Fault Lines Fault Lines by Emily Itami
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley and the publishers. All opinions are my own. I saw this as an early read opportunity in The Book Club Girls group on Facebook and thought it sounded really interesting and relatable. It isn't the type of book I normally go for, but the synopsis sounded a bit like my life and where I"m at so I thought I would give it a try.

Much like the blurb promises, this is completely relatable to mom's out there who are getting through it day in and day out and lose a bit of the carefree spirits we all had in our teens and twenties. I can totally relate to some of Mizuki's midlife crisis struggles as a mom and wife and not necessarily getting to live out the career she thought she had. I still don't think I know what I want to be when I grow up. While there are alot of cultural differences between us, being a working mom is thankless most days and your kids always need something and when they are little they are always having a tantrum and people are always judging you about how you did this or that with your kids. Or atleast you feel like they are.

I enjoyed learning about the Japanese culture and roaming around Tokyo with Mizuki. The writing was straightforward and honest with bits of humor throughout. I struggle with the choices she made and the ending. Overall, I did enjoy the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment