Saturday, September 11, 2021

Review: Battle of the Bands

Battle of the Bands Battle of the Bands by Lauren Gibaldi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an audio ARC via Netgalley, all opinions expressed are my own.

This was a really great complation of stories. I really enjoyed some of them and while all of them are well written, I don't think I am the target audience for this particular set of stories. Sometimes I had a hard time connecting with the characters and I think that is because my high school days are long past. I do wish I had books like this 20+ years ago, and I know this will be a smash hit with today's young readers.

I highly recommend this for young readers (older middle grade, teens, and young adults), especially those who are still figuring out who they are. As a music lover myself, I really loved how the battle of the bands connected all of the stories together in some way and some of them had overlapping characters. I also appreciated that this had a really diverse cast of characters, which is why I think this is really suited for a younger audience.

Each story is written by a different author and narrated by a different narrator. I liked that after each story there was a rock jingle to signal the start of the next story in the collection. Each narrator did a wonderful job narrating the stories and giving them life. I really enjoyed this compilation and highly recommend it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment