Thursday, July 15, 2021

Review: Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 9 by Dianna Love

Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 9 Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 9 by Dianna Love
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the final installment of a 9 book novella series. This was a stunning conclusion to the series and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Dianna did leave some things open ended which makes me believe we may see more from this world and that does not upset me one bit. Based on the ending I suspect we'll see these beloved characters again in the future, but if we don't I feel this was the perfect ending to the 9 books. This series has been terribly hard to review without spoiling anything.

This book is set to release on July 20, 2021.  I was provided an ARC via the author.  All opinions expressed are my own.

I have loved the Belador world since Alterant, and have loved going on this journey with this wonderful group of characters. Many of the questions that have been plaguing the reader since book 1 are finally answered in this installment. We find out where Casidhe's origins and her connection to the dragons. We see see several new alliances formed and enemies are finally defeated. I will tell you that I did not see it coming when we finally find out who is behind the Imortik invasion, but when you read who it is, you won't be surprised at all.

This book certainly kept me on my toes. Every time you think "all is lost" or "how are they going to get out of this situation", Dianna comes up with the perfect solution to their predicament. There is a ton of action to keep you guessing and turning the pages as the clock ticks down to the Imortik master opening the death wall and their friends turning into mindless supernatural pawns. I wasn't quite sure they were going to be able to save those possessed by Imortiks and if everyone was going to survive before it was all over.

Since this is a series of novellas, you have to start at the beginning and read them in order or it won't make sense. I do think you could pick this up without having read the Belador series. I've only read through book 6 of 10 of that series, and while I know I missed some stuff I was able to follow along easily. It has only made me want to get back to those books and pick up where I left off. Reading that series might help you understand the magic system a bit better and some of the other characters and their backstories, but I don't feel it is 100% required reading for this series.

Overall I loved this book and the series as a whole. We got great world building and character development. The characters had to learn from their mistakes and deal with the consequences of their actions. They were all faced with difficult decisions and put in terrible situations where people they cared about where in danger. I love this world, the magic, the varied types of characters, and I'm invested in what happens to the characters. I'm hoping there is more in store for them and we'll see them in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment