Thursday, May 20, 2021

Review: Forbidden by Karla Sorensen

Forbidden Forbidden by Karla Sorensen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I could not put this down. I fell in love with this series when Clair met Bauer in Faked, and I've been anxiously awaiting Isobel's story. I think this might be my favorite one yet! Make sure you have a box of tissues handy, this brought tears to my eyes several times. Isobel and Aiden do not disappoint. Their relationship is the slowest of burns, but I loved their dynamics.

Much like Karla write's in her author's note the Ward family feels so real. I love how realistic the characters are and how fiercely they love each other. This book is full of emotion, so be prepared! Not only does Isobel have some big emotions, but the book starts off with heartbreaking scene to set up what we know about Aiden and his spitfire of a daughter Anya. Aiden, as you may know is the new owner of Wilson's gym, where Isobel is the manager. He has moved back to Washington to be closer to family after losing his wife and retiring from the MMA ring. Isobel had a huge crush on him as a teen, so him taking over as her new boss and her general dislike of change is hugely flustering for her. As they settle into a routine at the gym, they realize that their frustration with each other is more than trying not to step on each other's professional toes, and that scares them both for different reasons. Faced with these big scary feelings that neither one of them knows what to do with, they go through all of the motions to avoid them and pretend they aren't there until they have to face them and do something about them. I won't spoil anything for you here because it was an emotional rollercoaster that you just have to experience for yourself to get the full effect and impact of first hand.

I loved this! I love this series, and I'm so excited that Karla has decided to write more books in this universe. I loved the characters and the development that both Isobel and Aiden go through from beginning to end. The Ward family is amazing, seeing Paige be the loving mama bear when Isobel gets hurt was one of my favorite moments! I also loved Molly in this book! Anya was such a treat as well, she is a crazy, daredevil of a child, but she is also such a sweetheart. I highly recommend this one!

I was provided an ARC via Wildfire Marketing, all opinions expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment