Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Top 5 Wednesday: Nostalgic Ships



February 6: Nostalgic Ships
-- Discuss the first fictional couples you ever got butterflies over, or couples you used to be really into when you were younger.

This is tough for me since I'm not super into romance.  Here are a few of my favorite book ships that come to mind, some of these go way back.


  • Katie Campbell and Scottie Silver from Girl Talk
    • Katie is a tomboy who plays hockey and figure skates and she was my favorite.  Scottie was the cute boy on the hockey team who was competitive but eventually they both had a crush on each other.  I loved this series when I was younger.  I was so mad when my mom gave this series and all of my Babysitter's Club, and Sweet Valley High books away when I went to college.  I had almost all of them.
  • Eragon and Arya from The Inheritance Cycle
    • I always hoped they would get together in the end.  It was kind of heartbreaking that it just wasn't in the cards for them.  I'm looking forward to the new book to see what Paolini has in store for us.
  • Nancy Drew and One of the Hardy Boys from the Super Mystery Editions
    • I loved Nancy Drew growing up and some of my favorites were the super editions where she teamed up with the Hardy Brothers.  I can't remember which brother I liked better, but I know I liked one of them better for Nancy.
  • Bella and Jacob from Twilight
    • I was definitely #TeamJacob.  I just liked him better in the books and the movie.  It didn't make sense for her to end up with Jacob, but did love Edward in the beginning.  I the end Edward grew on me and he was the right choice for Bella.  I don't think my issue was with Edward specifically, it was with the whole sparkly vampire thing, Twilight's vampires just weren't the Dracula kind of vampires that I was used to, you know?
  • Yalith and Dennys from Many Waters
    • OK so I don't know why I picked Dennys over Sandy because she liked both of them and they were identical twins.  Dennys is the twin I had a book crush on when I read this in middle school (who knows why) so naturally he's the one I wanted to win, though they were both good choices.  

No comments:

Post a Comment