Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Review: Buried Deep and Other Stories by Naomi Novik

Buried Deep and Other Stories Buried Deep and Other Stories by Naomi Novik
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

This was a lovely collection of short stories some previously published elsewhere and a peek at something new.  Most of the stories are tied to to her other novels.  I haven't read all of Novik's works previously but I didn't find it necessary to follow along with any of these stories.  I found each one captivating.  They vary in length and a perfect for when you don't want to tackle something 300+ pages and only want to sit with something for a short amount of time.  The subject matter varies widely from the Scholomance, the world of Spinning Silver, and a few stories set in the world of Temeraire, the magic and fantasy is delightful.  I can't wait to read more from the new world of Abandon, while one of the longer stories and it sets the stage for the Novik's upcoming novel.  I am hooked and can't wait for more, it was one of my favorite stories from the collection.  

All of the stories had wonderful, rich settings and great characters.  Novik is quickly becoming a favorite author as I'm slowly catching up on her backlog.  I highly recommend this for fans of her work or those wanting to see what her work is all about.  This is a great introduction and a great companion for new and old fans alike.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment