Sunday, August 13, 2023

Review: Legends & Lattes

Legends & Lattes Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book so much!!!!  

I bought the ebook, prior to this getting picked up by Tor just as it was gaining momentum and the hype was building up.  For me it lived up to all of my expectations and all of the hype.  This was so wonderful.  Sometimes you need a heartwarming story and this was it!

While filled with fantasy characters, this is filled with a wonderful found family as Viv, a retired orc warrior, sets up a coffee shop in a small town.  No one has ever heard of coffee before, which was an interesting twist.  "Hot bean water" as Cal dubs it, is a major part of my morning routine, and I loved the wonder that coffee brought to Viv and the inhabitants of the town.  Baldree really captured the essence of a quaint coffee shop and the various types of patrons you get from the person who doesn't buy anything but works all day, to the struggling musician working for tips, and so many more.  Viv and her crew built a wonderful place to congregate and share a warm beverage and a delicious baked good.

This was such a lovely book!  I can't wait for the sequel.  My ebook is older so it doesn't have the short story, but I listened to the audiobook which does.  It gives some insight into Viv's discovery of coffee and the beginnings of her shop.  It was super cute as well.  Baldree is also a wonderful narrator.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment