Monday, September 12, 2022

Review: Lucky Girl, How I Became A Horror Writer: A Krampus Story

Lucky Girl, How I Became A Horror Writer: A Krampus Story Lucky Girl, How I Became A Horror Writer: A Krampus Story by M. Rickert
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received and ARC of this book via Edelweiss+, all opinions are my own.

If you are looking for a creepy book set during Christmas time, this is the one for you.  This novella is atmospheric in just over 100 pages.  It tells the story of Ro and the the ghosts of her Christmases past and present with a group of acquaintances.  The group decides to tell ghost stories at dinner and things get weird.  

This did a great job giving the creepy vibe you want from a horror book.  THe author did a great job with the setting and the setup for the reveal.  It isn't overly graphic and I didn't find it to be scary, but it does deliver on atmosphere and creep factor.  I don't want to give anything away, so if you are looking for something spooky set around the holidays check this one out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment