Sunday, February 20, 2022

Review: Edgewood by Kristen Ciccarelli

Edgewood Edgewood by Kristen Ciccarelli
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

Emeline wants nothing more than to be a professional musician.  She's got the talent and things are finally coming together for her.  When her grandfather goes missing, she realizes that her plans might be in jeopardy.  Emeline returns home to look for her grandfather, but she is pulled into a fantasy world that she thought was made up.  The silly stories and superstitions she grew up with turn out to be true, and she has to enter that world and restore something that was lost to save the ones she loves.

I think alot of YA readers are going to love this.  It is a quick and easy read, and has alot of YA tropes that I think younger readers will enjoy.   For me it was a bit underdeveloped.  The magic system was never really explained and I never really connected with the characters.   Emeline is a bit immature for my taste and kept me from fully connecting with this.  With this being so heavily character driven versus plot driven, connecting with the characters is really important.  I will say that the author did a good job setting the scene, the creatures and scenery were explained with good detail.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment