Friday, December 24, 2021

Review: Homecoming King by Penny Reid

Homecoming King Homecoming King by Penny Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was provided an ARC via the author, all opinions are my own.

This was the perfect holiday read!  It was funny and just what I needed.  The last few weeks leading up to Christmas have been really stressful for my family, and this heartwarming book helped lift my spirits.

This follows two kind of awkward characters that have known each other since kindergarten.  Rex is a pro football player and Abby is a bartender/artist.  While Rex seems to have it all, what he really wants is a partner who gets him.  Abby has been burned by love in the past and doesn't want to be hurt again.  She's always had a crush on Rex, so when he walks into the bar she works and royally messes up her evening, I knew we were in for something special.  This first encounter turns into the start of a friendship between the two of them, which turns into a business proposition that Abby probably should refuse.  Things kind of take off from there.  There relationship is slow burn as they get to know each other again through phone calls and text messages and the occasional date.  Neither one of them is really good with expressing their feelings, so when they finally admit that their relationship of convenience might be something more it is pretty explosive and quite steamy.

I loved this!  It has the perfect balance of humor, great banter, and steam.  I'm really looking forward to reading the other books in the series.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment