Monday, January 25, 2021

Review: Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline

Ready Player Two Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not nearly as good as Ready Player One, but I did end up really enjoying it. The first half was pretty slow, but the second half really picks up and you find yourself back in a similar situation to the first book filled with cheesy humor and pop culture trivia of some of my favorite movies and books as the High Five team up on another quest. There are still plenty of video game references, but it isn't as game reference heavy as book 1. I appreciated that as I am not and have never been a big gamer.

After finishing this I now feel like I need to finally read my copy of The Silmarillion, go watch 16 Candles, listen to Prince's greatest hits, all while wearing my best 80's cosplay. Much like book 1 this brought back tons of memories for this child of the 80's.

Overall, while the pacing was off, and the quest kind of felt like a repeat of the first book, I still thought this was fun.

As always Wil Wheaton did an awesome job with the narration of the audiobook

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment