Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tag Tuesday: Finally Fall Book Tag



If you saw my last tag Tuesday post you know I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. This fall has been really crazy, it was 90 degrees one day and 40 the next. It's been super rainy so we haven't had those beautiful sunny autumn days to transition us from summer to fall. The leaves stayed green well into October and because it got cold so fast everything just kind of died and didn't get pretty and change colors. This fall was a bust but hopefully this tag won't be. 

I just watched Chelsea from Chelseadolling reads video of this tag and it seemed appropriate and fun. She is one of my go to youtubers for contemporary recommendations. Check her video out and her channel in general.

Chelseadolling Reads video - https://youtu.be/-QQxkIn1biw
Tall Tale's original video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNUc-... 

QUESTIONS: 


1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!  This is probably an odd pick but I loved this book so much!  I felt transported to the time and places when I read it so I'm going with The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.   I listened to the audiobook and it was one of my favorite reads of 2017.  I bought my own copy and while I don't re-read things often this is one I can see myself re-reading.
3279999


2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.  Ryan's Bed by Tijan.  Tijan is a relatively new to me author, but I had to read this when it came out.  It tells the story of twins, after one has committed suicide and the other is left to deal with the aftermath and her own grief.  I really loved how this was handled and how it was written.
Ryan's Bed

3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.  I'm currently reading Pittsburgh Irish: Erin on the Three Rivers for the Popsugar Reading challenge for a book about my heritage.  I'm 3rd generation Irish and this book is really interesting and I'm learning a ton about my Irish heritage that I never knew before.  I never met my Irish great-grandparents, but I'm learning all about how the Irish settled Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas of Pennsylvania.
26568780

4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.  - I would love to be a member of the Knitting in the City knitting group.  These women are so fun and I feel like I would be friends with them in real life, plus they could help me with my knitting.  I never could quite figure it out.  This series and its "sister" series The Winston Brothers by Penny Reid are awesome!
17673307

5. The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines! These are all books I've recently acquired that I haven't read yet and they are all red, orange, and yellow.

6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.  I can't think of a more epic story than The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  While this is quite the undertaking to read, it is so worth it.  I really enjoyed the magic system, the characters, and the plot.  
2495567


7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read. Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon was pretty dark and creepy.  There are these creepy puppet things that really got to me and when someone asks me about a creepy read I'd recommend this one.  It has classic horror elements mixed with European Gothic style and I loved it.
22353192



8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day. - Paintbrush by Hannah Bucchin was such heartwarming YA contemporary.
32452313



9. Fall returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon.  I don't re-read books that often.  I used to when I was a kid, but I find I have so many new books I want to read I don't often feel the need to re-read old favorites.  I would like to re-read Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor soon, I just bought my own copy recently.  Muse of Nightmares just came out and I loved Lazlo and Sarai so much.  I can see myself re-reading that one soon.
28449207

10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”! - Warm fuzzy socks, a blanket, and a cup of hot tea.  Can you tell I'm always cold? 

11. Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people! - I tag anyone who takes the time to read this, leave your answers in the comments or a link to your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment