Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tag Tuesday Fall Time Cozy Time Book Tag



I love the fall, especially if the sun is out and it isn't raining. The leaves are colorful and that means pumpkins and Halloween.  My house is a spectacle during October, we have lights and music, and all things spooky.  I love it!  I was catching up on videos and I saw this on Ali's channel and thought it would be a perfect tag. I love Ali's channel so go check her out.


Ali - HardbackHoarder https://youtu.be/No3maib3clw
Sam's Nonsense // creator → https://youtu.be/Q-4nDR8jXi0


1. Crunching Leaves: The world is full of color - choose a book that had reds/oranges/yellows on the cover - I'm going with City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty.  I haven't read this one yet but it certainly has all of the colors on the cover and it has been on my TBR for a bit.  I do plan on getting to it at some point.
  36590417

2. Cozy Sweater - It's finally cold enough to don warm cozy clothing: what book gives you the warm fuzzies? - Something by Penny Reid.  If I'm in a slump or a bad mood I read one of her books.  They are funny, well written, and always have a happy ending.  Penny knows how to write a good contemporary and I fall in love with her characters every time.  I highly recommend The Knitting in the City and Winston Brother's Series.

3. Fall Storm: The wind is howling & the rain is pounding - choose your favorite book OR genre that you like to read on a stormy day - I pretty much always like a good fantasy or mystery on a gloomy day.  As long as I have a warm beverage, usually tea, a blanket, and a book I'm happy.

4. Cool Crisp Air: What's the coolest character you'd want to trade places with? - This is a tough one, there are so many good characters out there to choose from.  I'm going to go with Annabeth from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Hero's of Olympus series.  She's smart, strong, and pretty much awesome all the way around.  Plus I love Greek mythology and she's a demi-god.  She gets to go on some awesome quests to save the world.  I know this series is YA/middle grade but I really enjoyed both of them.

5. Hot Apple Cider: What under hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing? - I had a hard time with this one.  Most of the books I read lately get alot of hype and for good reason, or they are hyped up and I didn't like them.  Alot of books I gave 5 stars to recently are older and were hyped at some point.  I don't hear about The Diviners series a ton so I'm going to go with that one.  I highly recommend the audio.  January Lavoy is amazing and I love the series.

6. Coat, Scarves, and Mittens - The weather has turned cold & it's time to cover up - What's the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?  I read on my kindle or listen to audio books most of the time so this really isn't an issue.  Anything with a questionable cover or that I might not want people to know I read, I read on my technology.  While not an embarrassing read, I will say that this book sparked a ton of discussions while I was reading it.  I read The Shack for the 2017 reading challenge, and since I actually took it with me in public right around the time the movie came out people were talking about it.  Anything involving politics and religion always sparks interesting conversations.
1812457

7. Pumpkin Spice: What's your favorite Fall time comforts food/foods?  - I'm not a pumpkin pie person, I just don't like it.  I am however, an apple pie person. Give me apple pie, apple crisp, or anything with apples and cinnamon, add some vanilla ice cream and we are all good.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment