Sunday, October 22, 2023

Review: Bookshops & Bonedust by Travis Baldree

Bookshops & Bonedust Bookshops & Bonedust by Travis Baldree
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was provided an audio ARC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own.

I absolutely loved Legends & Lattes, and I thing fans will love this prequel. You don't have to have read Legends to read this. This is more of an origin story for our favorite orc Viv when she was still in her prime as a warrior. Due to an injury she is stuck in a small town we get to know her in another cozy fantasy with low stakes story with another lovely found family. This time the storyline is set in a bookstore, which readers should appreciate and Viv helps the shop owner renovate the shop while she is recovering and waiting for her group of mercenaries to return and collect her. You can tell that Baldree leaned on his own bookstore experiences as he wrote about author signing events and various other things that you expect to see in an independent bookstore to make it successful. I really loved that there was an element of reality in this fantasy story.

There is a light romance, wonderful friendships, and an amazing cast of characters. I loved all of the characters, but Satchel is awesome and was so creative. If you loved Legends & Lattes, you are going to love this prequel. I hope we get more books in this universe or more cozy fantasy in general. I love the low stakes and heartwarming element while still getting a bit of adventure. The characters are wonderful and I just want to stay with them forever.

Baldree narrates the audiobook and he is a wonderful narrator. He gives voice to each of the characters in such a unique and wonderful way. You always know which character is speaking and when he is just narrating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment