Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Review: Craft by Adriana Locke

Craft Craft by Adriana Locke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an audible code from the author, all opinions are my own.  

This is the second book in the Gibson Boys series, but it reads as a complete standalone.  This one is  NSFW so listen with headphones or take caution if you don't want little ones or anyone else to hear the steamy bits.  The narrators do a pretty good job acting those out.

Much like with Crank, I thought the narrators did a great job with the narration and the voices of the characters.  If you read my review of book 1 there was a ton of chuckling in the audiobook, adn while this had alot of chuckling it wasn't as much as the first book.  Also as with the first book the the narrators actually swapped in an out when a male or female character were talking.  When Lance and Mariah are talking the narrators take turns having that conversation.  That isn't common in audiobooks and I really enjoy the added element of performance that it gives.  I enjoy both of these narrators, and they frequently narrate Locke's books.

This follows history teacher Lance and librarian Mariah.  They are work colleagues with flirty banter and alot of chemistry.  Lance is a player and Mariah wants a relationship, so neither of them have acted on their attraction.  Both of them have some past relationship trauma that they carry with them.  Mariah just wants to be loved for who she is, but she has some insecurities built by a lifetime of being put down and told to change by her mother and sister.  She can't comprehend what Lance sees in her when he wants to start spending time with her, but the kind of just fit together.  I really enjoyed the banter between the two characters and the character development they go through.  

I'm slowly making my way through the series and can't wait to read about the rest of the Gibson boys!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment