Sunday, August 7, 2022

Review: Blood and Moonlight by Erin Beaty

Blood and Moonlight Blood and Moonlight by Erin Beaty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was provided an audio ARC of this book via Netgalley, all opinions are my own. I enjoyed the narrator and felt she did a good job with the characters and the overall narration.

This has a really interesting plot. I actually felt like there was too much going on here. There is a murder mystery, magic, and a romance. I felt like some of the plot points suffered for the sake of the others being included.

I think this will really appeal to the young adult reader. I think if you liked Stalking Jack the Ripper I think you will enjoy this. The pacing is good, the magic system isn't overly complex. The mystery aspect of the plot moves forward nicely, and it isn't overly filled with gore or graphic details, though there are some.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment