Saturday, June 1, 2019

June TBR



June is shaping up to be a month of mystery and thrillers.  I used to read a ton of them, but I got away from them for a long time and recently rediscovered my love of them.  I have a ton of ARCs I'm hoping to knock out this month.  I just went through my to be reviewed pile it keeps getting longer.  I also just picked up a ton of books at the library sale.  I need to stop buying new books, but who am I kidding that is never going to happen.

Books/Ebooks/ARCs

  • The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland
    • My son is never going to forgive me if I don't read this book.  He just started book 5 of the 2nd Percy Jackson series.  So he's read 10 books and I haven't read the one book he asked me to read in exchange for trying this series.  
  • The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs by Katherine Howe
    • This comes out June 25th.  This is a paranormal historical fiction from what I can tell.  The synopsis reminds me a bit of The Discovery of Witches and it has some ties to the Salem Witch trials which I find fascinating.  I'm looking forward to reading about this magical family.  
  • Teardrop Shot by Tijan
    • This is out June 24th and is a sports romance featuring basketball.  If you don't know much of my time is spent on the sidelines of a basketball court.  This is a new adult romance from Tijan and I'm looking forward to it.
  • Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
    • I've really enjoyed Sager's previous books, so when the opportunity to review this new release due out July 2nd.  I'm a fan of his thrillers and I can't wait to find out what twists and turns he has in store for us in this new book.
  • Kingsbane by Claire Legrand
    • I was so excited to get approved for an ARC of this.  This is already out, but I'm going to read it anyway because let's be real I want to know what happens next.  This one is pretty long so it will probably be the first book I tackle in June.
  • Girls Like Us by Cristina Alger
    • This one is due out July 2nd as well.  This is another thriller/mystery.  This one follows a father/daughter FBI team but things get interesting when the father becomes a suspect in a murder.  That's not a spoiler it's in the description of the book.  I'm looking forward to this one too.

Audiobooks

I have a bunch of books I hope to get to this month on audio, but I'm only going to list these 2.
  • Nexus by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
    • I have the ARC of this, but I was able to get the audio from Hoopla.  I've already started it and so far so good.  It is much more focused than Zenith.
  • A Map of the Dark by Karen Ellis
    • I received an ARC of this one too, but I'm next up for the audio so hopefully I can knock this one out.  This is the first book in a mystery/thriller series and I've been really loving those lately.  The synopsis reads like an episode of Criminal Minds which I love.  I'm excited to get to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment