Monday, July 24, 2017

Review: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first time listening to On Dublin Street, but I've read the book more times than I can count. The experience was just as enjoyable.  I purchased the e-book when Samantha Young was still self-publishing and before On Dublin Street was a huge success.  Some of her self published YA Paranormal books are my favorite books ever, and I'm so glad to see her have such great success.  Samantha is one of my favorite authors and I'm looking forward to her upcoming releases.  

On Dublin Street follows Jocelyn, or Joss as she prefers to be called, just after she's graduated from University and tries to make it on her own as a writer. To do this she needs a place to live as her college roommate has moved from Scotland to London, and Joss is smart with her money. Joss has had a rough go at it and it has left her emotionally stunted and unable to develop friendships and let anyone into her life. Then she literally runs into Braden Carmichael on her way to view an apartment. They share a cab and some snarky banter. Joss ends up loving the apartment, however her new roommate is none other than Ellie Carmichael, Braden's wee sister. Braden is used to commanding a room and getting his way. Joss doesn't bend easily to Braden's will and through interesting circumstances they take off on a friends with benefits relationship. Braden, having had a rough go at it in the past himself can relate to Joss' baggage and is willing to give her space until she figures her own stuff out. He encourages her to be there for Ellie when his sister needs a friend through her own tough life situations, which is a big, scary step for Joss. In Scotland, the home of her mother, Joss finds a family she never wanted, but that she was always missing.

All in all if you like New Adult, Contemporary romance, I'd give this one a shot. I don't read a ton of these types but every once in a while I need a good romance that is easy to read or listen to and Samantha Young and the On Dublin Street cast are always there for me. If you like Penelope Douglas, Penny Reid, or Mia Sheridan these all have similar vibes.


No comments:

Post a Comment